Computerized SCADA systems
The term SCADA is a concept used to control and monitor industrial processes remotely. If it is used for the management and control of regulated activities such as the manufacturing process, storage or maintenance, it needs to be validated.
In this kind of system, the elements that can affect the proper functioning and management of the computerized process are hardware components (server, communications, etc.), software (database, programs, interfaces, etc.) and industrial components (PLCs, process equipment such as reactors, tanks, scales, racking, climates, etc.).
The validation of computerized SCADA systems will consist of ensuring all the variables that may affect the process.
Taking into account:
- Hardware part, at the level of installation, configuration and communication of components.
- Software part, at a functional and safety level.
- Technology providers, to define, control and ensure its management.
- End users, to control the use of the system, audit the traceability of their actions and ensure their training.
- Data integrity, throughout the information life cycle.